Posted Date: 06-05-22 Location: Portland - OR Manage Others: No Availability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern is hiring a Rental Counter to assist customers with sales and non-sales-related issues. This position requires the ability to work with the public, multi-task, and work in a fast very pace environment. Although selling products and services is not the primary function of a customer service representative, some service representatives may provide information that helps customers to make purchasing decisions. Employees of this position must be able to follow directions, communicate information to customers, enter information into a computer program, and learn about new products and services. These representatives use the information and knowledge at hand to solve problems and may be able to make specific changes as necessary.
Incentive Package includes:
• Competitive pay
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
• Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Rental Counter includes but is not limited to:
• Must be computer literate, with knowledge of Word and Outlook.
• Must know construction equipment.
• Ability to pass a drug screen.
• A customer-friendly disposition and a safety-first attitude.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must possess a team-orientated spirit.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• In addition, an employee of this position must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence when necessary.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
Responsibilities for Rental Counter:
• Assist our valued customers and outside sales representatives.
• Process cash, check, and credit card transactions
• Verification of the identity of check and credit card customers
• Accurately open/close rental contracts
• Maintain logs of available and down equipment
• Credit Memos/Discounts
• Maintain call-in phone logs and lost and/or stolen rental logs
• Coordinate pick-up and delivery of equipment
• Rates and all ancillary charges
• Filing, data entry, and retrieval of documents
• Work effectively with the Sales department
• Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
Reports directly to the Branch Manager. Assists and coordinates with sales representatives and various departments of the location with employees varying from Service Managers to parts clerks and yard employees.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position