Class A Mechanic
Posted Date: 08-31-22 Location: Tampa - FL Manage Others: No Availability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and efficient Class A Mechanic to join our dynamic team. Mechanics are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment works properly, is maintained and safe.
This is skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of automotive and heavy-duty equipment. Incumbents are responsible for the performance of the major repair of heavy automotive equipment and construction machinery. Supervision is exercised over equipment mechanics of lower classification. Heavy equipment mechanics repair and maintain heavy types of machinery used in construction projects and other similar activities.
They are highly trained to work safely and assure that they can protect themselves from injury.
Incentive Package includes:
· Competitive pay
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
· Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Class A Mechanic:
· Required to have a minimum of 5 years of High Reach Mechanical Experience
· Class A mechanics must have a thorough knowledge of power, electrical and hydraulic systems including theory. They need to be able to diagnose complex electrical, hydraulic & power system problems.
· Class A mechanics must be capable of a complete teardown, inspection, and repair of the machines.
· Must be able to read English.
· Must possess own tools.
· Must be able to safely operate various types of high-reach equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts
· Must be able to wear safety fall protection
· Must be able to follow directions.
· Must be able to work with basic computer functions.
· Must have a large assortment of hand & power tools.
· Must have Steel Toe Work Boots.
· Basic welding skills preferred.
· Must be able to read, and understand Electrical Schematics & theory of how the systems work.
· Must be able to read, and understand Hydraulic Schematics & theory of how the systems work.
· Must be very good at using test equipment, meters, gauges, hand-held, laptops, etc.
· Must be able to properly use the parts manuals to look up and order correct replacement parts.
· Must be able to workshop equipment such as cranes, port-o-powers, chain hoists, etc.
· Valid Driver's license and clean driving record is preferred.
· Must have tools needed to complete B & C positions
Responsibilities for Class A Mechanic include but are not limited to:
· Overhauls and repairs engines, disassembles engines, replaces defective parts, reassembles, and makes adjustments to electric and fuel systems.
· Repairs and maintains heavy-duty and other construction machinery in the shop.
· Assigns duties to assistants.
· Inspects work in progress to see that repairs and replacements are properly made and units are satisfactorily assembled.
· Does skilled repair work in installing timing gears, fitting crankshafts, crankshaft cylinders, and repairing hydraulic systems.
· Inspects, repairs, and adjusts steering clutches
· Must be able to satisfy class B & C requirements
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, gas, and diesel customer-owned equipment.
· May be required to change out forks or attachments.
· May have to run pressure washers to clean equipment.
· May have to drive machines on public roadways.
· May have to run an occasional service call
· Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean, and organized work environment.
· May be required to complete repairs at job sites
· Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Job Type - Full-time
Ahern Rentals Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for this position