Last updated November 3, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Ahern Rentals (“Ahern Rentals”, “us”, or “we”). This Applicant Privacy Notice describes the personal information Ahern Rentals collects from you during the application process, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you apply for a position at Ahern Rentals, we will collect or receive your personal information when you:
- Participate in an interview. If you participate in an on-site interview, we will collect video of you captured through our CCTV footage to ensure the security of personnel and property.
- Provide references. When you provide references with your application, we will receive from your references your professional or employment information (resume/CV, certifications, qualifications, employment history, educational history) and inferences drawn from your references, such as their thoughts on your behavior, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We use this personal information to assess the suitability for the position for which you have applied.
- Complete a background check. If you apply to be a driver with Ahern Rentals, subject to legal requirements, Ahern Rentals may use a third-party provider to conduct a background check on you. In doing so, Ahern Rentals will receive your personal identifiers (name, physical address, telephone number, date of birth, and Social Security number) and professional or employment information (employment history, educational history, motor vehicle records history, and drug and alcohol history) from our provider(s). We use this personal information to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied and to comply with legal requirements.
After assessing your application, Ahern Rentals may extend a conditional offer of employment. In doing so, we will collect or receive your personal information when you:
- Complete a drug screening. Subject to legal requirements, Ahern Rentals may use a third-party provider to conduct drug-screening. In doing so, Ahern Rentals will receive your personal identifiers (name) and your medical information (drug-test results) from our provider. We use this personal information to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied and to comply with legal requirements.
- Complete employment eligibility forms. To verify your identity and work eligibility, Ahern Rentals will collect additional personal information. In doing so, we will collect your personal information to verify your identity and work eligibility. In doing so, we will collect your date of birth, Social Security number, and documentation of your choosing, such as your passport, driver’s license, or green card.
Ahern Rentals shares your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Within Ahern Rentals. We share your personal information within the company, including our human resources department for legitimate business purposes relating to management and assessment of your application, and with manager(s) at the specific location or position for which you have applied.
- For legal purposes. We will share your personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- During a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we would share your personal information. We would also share your personal information if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- With service providers. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Ahern Rentals has shared your personal identifiers and professional or employment information with service providers that assist us in the application process and for other employment purposes. These service providers include our background check provider(s) and drug-screening provider(s).
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and store from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. These security measures include using tools which detect unusual activity which alerts our Informational Technology security team. We also use malware detection software. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. If we make any changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will announce those changes by email notification to you and obtain your consent, if required.
For questions on this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.