Posted Date: 03-18-21Location: Fife - WAManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a Parts Manager to monitor the inventory of replacement parts. Parts managers play an important role that require a regular supply of replacement parts that support the service department & external customers. By maintaining the right mix and level of stock, parts managers help to ensure the efficiency and productivity of the store’s service and repair operations. They also use sales and marketing skills to increase revenue by selling parts to customers.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Parts Manager:
- 2-3 years previous management and strong parts operations/inventory manager experience, as well as a high school diploma.
- Strong work ethic, and a strong financial understanding.
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques, experience with P&L, budgeting and forecasting.
- APICS (American Production Inventory Control) Certification preferred.
- Previous experience in the automotive or construction equipment industry a plus.
- Must have a high attention to detail, strong work ethic and the ability to understand complex reports, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Strong computer skills experience with AS400 RentalMan preferred.
- Must possess exceptional customer service with strong time management and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks with varying levels of responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work in a constantly growing and changing industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities for Parts Manager include but not limited to:
- Manage parts ordering from manufacturers, communicate with vendors for special purchases and expediting back orders.
- Confirm accuracy of orders. Ensure that suppliers deliver on time and resolve issues with suppliers’ items, or other problems, when shipments are late, when purchase orders are received with damaged or missing items
- Maintain accurate inventory of fast moving and performing stock using Min/Max Procedures.
- Inventory Management Skills (Min/Max, Cycle Count Accuracy, Inventory reduction & turns maximization, Stock Room Integrity Management, JIT Management).
- Source quality parts (when required locally), at the right price, is an important part of the job. Parts managers must also have good negotiating skills so they can obtain the best prices for parts.
- Work with the Accounting Department to ensure accuracy with invoices and payments to suppliers.
- Maintain accurate purchasing documents and vendor records.
- Develop annual objectives for the parts department and each employee in order to attain sales and profit goals.
- Obtain and prepare parts quotes.
- Maintain current customer base by coordinating with Product Support Sales Representatives and knowledgeable staff to provide a reliable parts supply to the customer.
- Ensure that customer invoices are confirmed daily in SAP parts system by department employees.
- Coordinating with Sales and Service departments on a daily basis.
- Parts Sales & Retail Revenue Sales Experienced.
- Warranty Recovery Skills & Expertise.
- Other duties, as assigned by Management.
- This position is responsible for the management and supervision of all parts processing. The parts manager should be personable, a problem solver, and a skilled leader.
- Purchasing parts through Central Purchasing Group and acquiring parts from other branches as needed to maintain inventory.
- Issue parts, supplies and tools to shop personnel.
- Processing both internal and external parts orders by completing invoices, updating inventory records, and verifying customer credit and shipping parts as needed.
- Organize all parts in a secured stock room environment with proper BIN locations.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Advising the branch manager on parts activities, future trends, and matters that may affect the efficiency of the branch or quality of customer service provided.
- Scheduling and performing timely repairs for rental and customer equipment.
- Maintain current parts literature and price list for company equipment.
- Track and update changes to equipment suppliers and prices.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position