Posted Date: 05-12-21Location: Bonanza High Reach - NVManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a Dispatcher to be responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with drivers, shipping, receiving, and delivery truck services. Under direction, assists with the scheduling and routing of equipment deliveries; receives, logs and dispatches equipment and drivers timely for jobsite deliveries/pick-ups.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Dispatcher:
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to handle changes and make quick sound decisions
- Prefer experience in the rental industry.
- Knowledge of rental equipment.
- Knowledge of DOT Laws and regulation.
- Computer Literacy, knowledge of word and excel.
- Excellent customer service. Able to communicate and interact in a positive and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities for Dispatcher include but not limited to:
- Dispatch drivers throughout local area
- Work closely with sales staff in scheduling deliveries and pick ups of equipment
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide excellent customer support
- Work with service department to keep trucks maintained
- Assign drivers deliveries according to delivery time.
- Dispatch oversized loads to out hauling companies.
- Communicate with customers/salesmen if delivery will be late or specific drop off instructions.
- Communicate with stores about equipment in dispatch, but not assigned unit numbers, trying to be proactive on deliveries
- Communicate with stores for instructions when equipment to be delivered has problems
- Assign field service technicians to field repairs according to urgency and communicate with customers on what time the tech will arrive.
- Assign drivers pick up’s according to need of more deliveries/location/age of off rent /need of equipment type
- Communicate with customers on location of off-rented equipment.
- Maintain accurate record of driver logs
- Maintain accurate record of driver DVIR / making sure trucks are safe and maintained / repaired when needed
- Communicate with repair shops on repairs. Send in estimates for approval / request P.O. from owning store/issue P.O. to repair shop.
- Make sure all trucks remain legal/State inspection/DOT ready
- Make sure all drivers take at least a 30-minute lunch per 8-hour shift.
- Help transfer equipment between cities and communicate with other dispatch managers
- Keep drivers operational radio’s
- Assign on call for drivers and field service techs. Reassign when schedules change.
- Keep up with vacation requests/plan accordingly
- Manage overtime/Maintain 72 hr pick up’s or less
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position