Class C Driver
Posted Date: 05-13-21Location: Benicia - CAManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and efficient CDL Class C Driver to join our dynamic team. CDL drivers are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment is delivered and picked up timely, efficiently, and safely.
The job of a Class C Driver consists of transporting our High Reach and General rental equipment to our customers and other local locations. In performing this job, the Class "C" Driver will drive a Model 12 truck and will usually also load and unload the trailer sometimes with or without assistance from other workers. The driver will make minor vehicle repairs (replacing light bulbs, fuses, etc.) as needed and maintain good communications with their dispatcher/supervisor to ensure that the deliveries are made on time and that the vehicle is maintained in good working order.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Class C Driver:
- Valid State Issued Driver License
- Map reading ability
- Read, write, and speak English
- 2 or less recorded moving violations within a 12 month period
- 1-2 years of experience in local area driving
- Basic knowledge of Rental Equipment Products
- Commitment to Company values
- Good communication skills
- Good sense of direction (N,W,E,S)
- Comprehension of customer orders
- Usage of 2-way radio
- Customer Service qualities
- Knowledge of Ahern Rentals' equipment products
- Compliance with Company's Policies and Procedures
- Computer knowledge
- Sales experience
- Good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers and operates high reach and general rental equipment
- Drives single vehicles with a gross vehicle rates (GVWR) of 26,000 pounds or less.
- The operator may tow a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Reviews Vehicle Inspection Reports (VIR) and reports any safety issues to dispatch.
- Verifies order paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Loads, chains, and binds the equipment to the truck.
- Works with the Dispatcher to deliver equipment.
- Operates various types of equipment in the specified category and provides basic customer training upon delivery.
- Records and reports any customer or driver damage to the equipment and/or truck.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position