Posted Date: 05-21-21Location: Elk Grove - ILManage Others: YesAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and motivated Service Manager to join our dynamic team. Service Managers are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that we provide top-notch service and equipment.
You will participate in the personnel processes of the department staff, including, but not limited to hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff performance and identification of training needs, monitoring assets, maintaining awareness of under-utilized equipment, adherence to and interpretation of Ahern’s policies and procedures for staff members, managing and supervising department personnel, evaluating methods to improve workflow, and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment. A Service Manager's duties require the performance of office, non-manual and manual work directly related to management policies and general business operations for Ahern Rentals. This position requires the Manager to be primarily engaged in workflow supervision and methods, evaluation of department procedures to ensure appropriate overall operation of their department.
Incentive Package includes:
· Competitive pay
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
· Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Service Manager:
- Good communication skills
- Beneficial to be Bilingual, but not required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to work well with people is essential
- Proficient telephonic communications required
- Thorough knowledge of Hydraulic and electronic rental equipment and gas and diesel engines
- Must have the ability to assist in troubleshooting repairs when needed
- Strong time management skills are required to ensure the productivity of the department.
- Good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Responsibilities for Service Manager may include but not limited to:
- Oversees Service Department personnel.
- Complies with and enforces all shop safety rules.
- Follows proper accident procedures.
- Complies with monthly Location SMF.
- Conducts monthly Service Safety Meetings.
- Complies and works with the Warranty department on Warranty and Service Bulletin issues.
- Attends all Service Manager Conference Call Meetings and holds store-level meetings to relay the agenda.
- Involved in recruiting, interview, and new hire processes.
- Monitors all reports concerning rental and owned equipment and implements proper solutions to maintenance and service issues.
- Assists the Branch Manager in regulating and approving times.
- Ensures yard, shop, wash rack, and work areas are organized, clean, and neat.
- Holds weekly meetings with the Branch Manager and Parts Manager to address any issues and follow up.
- Walks yard and shop daily to ensure cleanliness and organization.
- Monitors all reports concerning rental and owned equipment.
- Under general direction provides highly responsible technical and administrative work in ensuring compliance with Ahern Rentals company policies.
- Required to drive company vehicle at times
- Trains mechanics wash and yard personnel on proper safety procedures for all aspects of their jobs. Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Filling out Scheduled Maintenance Forms (SMF) and rental tags.
- Using the computer and AS400 system (RentalMan).
- Assists with customer repairs and customer damage by creating work order quotes and job-site field repairs.
- Coordinates with the Sales Department.
- Trains Field Service mechanics on proper field service procedures including, but not limited to, the following:
o Stocking service trucks.
o Completing monthly service truck inventories.
o Maintains all field service calls.
o Ensures all vehicle files are current, organized, and in compliance with the Department of Transportation.
o Ensures mechanics fill out all paperwork correctly during equipment pre-delivery.
o Collects all pre-delivery paperwork from mechanics.
o Monitors daily yard lists as well as the next day’s rentals.
o Ensures the location complies with all items addressed in the LMS.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!Apply for this position