Posted Date: 06-15-21Location: Fife - WAManage Others: YesAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for someone with excellent customer service skills to join our dynamic team as the Parts Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to receive a high volume of phone calls and be personable. Also, must be capable of multi-tasking. This position requires the candidate to take a hands-on role in assisting the customers and supervising employees. This is a non-exempt level position.
Qualifications for Parts Manager:
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- One year of experience in parts background suggested
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work basic computer functions.
- Must have knowledge of AS 400 system
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Strong understanding of parts required.
- Must be familiar with construction equipment.
- Must possess strong independent decision-making skills.
- Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean, and organized work environment.
- Good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at the time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Responsibilities for Parts Manager include but not limited to:
- Oversees parts department personnel.
- Complies with and enforces all shop safety rules
- Follows proper accident procedures
- Under general direction, provides highly responsible technical and administrative work in ensuring compliance with Ahern Rentals company policies.
- Resolves parts issues and conducts part transfers
- Maintain and manage a local on-hand inventory of equipment replacement parts and consumables, i.e. oils and lubricants, office supplies, etc.
- Provide excellent parts support to service technicians and branch personnel as required, your primary customers.
- Place requisitions as needed to ensure a timely supply of replacement components, inventory products, and office supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with Branch Managers to receive, approve, and process requests for purchases.
- Track actual delivery dates to measure warehouse and vendor performance.
- Track component development status for new products and products under revision and make such status available to Service and Operations managers in a clear and complete manner.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement changes relating to inventory management to provide for ongoing timely deliveries and lower component costs and related expenses.
- Ensure Branch compliance with all purchasing and inventory management policies and procedures.
- Receive orders and review for proper work order information including general ledger codes and approval signatures
- Stock delivered items and check shelves for appropriate inventory levels
- Check stock for outdated or damaged supplies
- Assign parts as requested by the shop personnel
- Required to drive a company vehicle at times
- Other duties or tasks maybe assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!Apply for this position