Mechanic - Class B
Posted Date: 07-06-21Location: Richfield - UTManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and efficient Class B Mechanic to join our dynamic team. Mechanics are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment works properly, is maintained and safe.
This is skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of automotive and heavy-duty equipment. Incumbents are responsible for the performance of tasks in the moderate repair of heavy automotive equipment and construction machinery. Heavy equipment mechanics repair and maintain heavy machinery used in construction projects and other similar activities. They are highly trained to work safely and assure that they can protect themselves from injury.
Incentive Package includes:
· Competitive pay
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
· Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Class B Mechanic:
- Must have either a minimum 2 years High Reach mechanical experience or trade school training and 6 months of High Reach mechanical experience.
- Must have basic knowledge of power, electrical and hydraulic systems. They need to be able to check and adjust hydraulic pressures, run electronic self-diagnostic systems & diagnose engine problems.
- Must be able to read English.
- Must be able to safely operate various types of high reach equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts
- Must be able to wear safety fall protection
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work basic computer functions.
- Must have Minimum Class "B" Hand & power tools
- Must have Steel Toe Workboots.
- Basic welding skills preferred
- Must be able to read and understand Electrical Schematics
- Must be able to read and understand Hydraulic Schematics
- Must be able to properly use test equipment, gauges, meters & hand-helds
- Must be able to properly use parts manuals to obtain parts and order parts.
- Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean, and organized work environment.
- Valid Driver's license and a clean driving record is preferred.
Responsibilities for Class B Mechanic includes but not limited to:
· Overhauls and repairs engines, disassembles engines, replaces defective parts, reassembles, makes adjustments to electric and fuel systems.
· Repairs and maintains heavy-duty and other construction machinery in the shop.
· Assigns duties to assistants (if applicable)
· Inspects work in progress to see that repairs and replacements are properly made and units are satisfactorily assembled.
· Does skilled repair work in installing timing gears, fitting crankshafts, crankshaft cylinders, and repairing hydraulic systems.
· Inspects, repairs and adjusts steering clutches
· Must be able to satisfy class C requirements
· Have basic knowledge to troubleshoot and repair electrical, gas, and diesel customer owned equipment.
· May be required to change out forks or attachments.
· May have to run pressure washers to clean equipment.
· May have to drive machines on public roadways.
· May have to run an occasional service calls
· Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean, and organized work environment.
· Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!Apply for this position