Application Support - Tier 2
Posted Date: 07-16-21Location: Info Systems And Support - NVManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
Application Support – Tier 2
Location: IT and Computer Systems Support - NV
Manage Others: No
Availability: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8 am PST - 5 pm PST
We are an equal opportunity employer
Ahern Rentals, Inc. is seeking a level 2 support candidate to join our growing world class IT Department. This role will be responsible for providing high-level service and resolutions to our customers around the globe.
Successful applicants are responsible, self-motivated, and positive. We are looking for an individual who has the drive to see assignments through to completion, address the cause, not the symptom and take initiative to make improvements for the customer and to the company.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Benefits after the first of the month following 60 days will include: Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
- Employee and Customer Incentive Bonus Programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Help Desk support and troubleshooting to resolve hardware, operating system and software problems to remote users via phone support.
- Assist users with access problems ranging from password resets to network access failures.
- Monitor tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Respond promptly to support requests from clients (internal staff) regarding system, applications, connectivity issues, software installations, etc. and resolves issues to minimize downtime.
- Identifying faults and issues, recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate.
- To participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support.
Work Experience and Desired Skill Set:
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting computer technology in a commercial or enterprise environment.
- 1-3 years’ experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience in a support or customer facing role.
- Maintains strict confidentiality (e.g. passwords and other system security features) for ensuring network security.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone.
- Working knowledge of current operating systems and software applications, i.e. Windows 10, iOS and MS Office.
- Experience of installation and configuration of PCs and associated peripherals and software.
- Ability to work independently, remain productive during slow times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Exceptional Communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge in iSeries a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check