Wash / Yard
Posted Date: 08-02-21Location: Mccarran Nv - NVManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and efficient Wash Rack / Yard Person to join our dynamic team. Wash Rack / Yard Persons are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment is in good condition and well maintained.
The Wash Rack / Yard Person position requires being able to operate all kinds of equipment and utilizing it to keep the yard clean and organized while keeping it's equipment clean through regular washing. A Wash Rack/Yard Person will be required to work outside exposing them to various types of weather. The right candidate will have good people skills, be able to deliver messages, and keep files on fuel logs. They will also report any damage to equipment found during check-ins to the supervisor. A Wash Rack/Yard person will work with counter personnel on assisting customers with any questions or information needed. This is a non-exempt level position.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Wash Rack / Yard Person:
- Must have good public relation skills to assist Customers
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Must be able to read/write English fluently.
- Must be able to safely operate various types of high reach equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts
- Must be able to wear safety fall protection
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must have good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days) IF required to drive.
Responsibilities for Wash Rack / Yard Person include but not limited to:
- Assists with loading and unloading equipment for outside haulers
- Organize equipment on yard
- Wash incoming equipment & function test equipment
- Advises customers on proper equipment handling techniques
- Fuels and meters equipment upon check-in
- Stages equipment for deliveries
- Ensures yard is neat and efficient and picks up shop waste
- Must be able to proficiently operate all equipment
- Ensures that all rental equipment is properly tagged and has required key
- Handles yard check-ins and check-outs
- Will be responsible for utilizing a pressure washer to clean general rental equipment from large tractors to small tools.
- Organize the workflow and rotates the machines accordingly
- Ensures the wash rack area is clean and tidy
- Occasionally assists customers with loading and unloading equipment
- May be required to drive company vehicle on occasion
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position