CDL Class A Driver
Posted Date: 08-14-20Location: Nashville - TNManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
The job of a Semi Class "A" Driver consists of transporting our high reach and General rental equipment to our customers and other local locations. In performing this job, the Semi Driver will drive a semi-tractor trailer truck and will usually also load and unload the trailer sometimes with or without assistance from other workers. The driver will make minor vehicle repairs (replacing light bulbs, fuses, etc.) and maintain good communications with their dispatcher/supervisor to ensure that the deliveries are made on time and that the vehicle is maintained in good working order. This is a non-exempt level position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
May or may not include:
- Delivers and operates general rental/high reach equipment
- Drives single vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more; the operator may tow a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Reviews Vehicle Inspection Reports (VIR) and reports any safety issues to dispatch
- Verifies order paperwork for completeness and accuracy
- Loads, chains, and binds the equipment to the truck
- Minor vehicle maintenance (e.g. fueling, adding fluids, changing bulbs, etc.)
- Works with the dispatcher to deliver equipment via the most efficient route
- Operates all types of equipment in the specified category and provides basic customer training upon delivery
- Records and reports any customer or driver damage to the equipment
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
To perform this job successfully, a driver must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to pass all qualifications as set forth in Department of Transportation regulations, along with Ahern Rentals regulations.
- Employees must be able to pass a criminal, drug and alcohol, education and work history background check and have a good DMV report
- Valid State issued Driver's License
- Map reading ability
- Read, write, and speak English
- 3 or less recorded moving violations or 1 accident and 1 moving violation within a 36 month period
- Minimum of 3 years experience in driving a commercial vehicle
- Basic knowledge of rental equipment products
- Commitment to Company values
- Good communication skills
- Good sense of direction (N,W,E,S)
- Comprehension of customer orders
- Usage of 2-way radio
- Customer Service qualities
- Knowledge of Ahern Rentals' equipment products
- Compliance with Company's Policies and Procedures
- Computer knowledge
- Sales experience
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk job sites in search of equipment; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift up to 90 lbs and push/pull up to 50 lbs of force using ratchet binders. Must have ability to safely climb up and down delivery truck and equipment. Employee must not be afraid of heights no more than 25 feet for loading Booms and Scissor Lifts. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also be able to obtain and uphold a driver medical card while employed.
Drivers may spend from 20% to 40% of their time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions.
Drivers may sometimes be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, short notice for assignment of a delivery, tight delivery schedules, delays en route and other stresses related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather.
Drivers typically spend 60% to 80% of their on-duty time in the truck. While driving, drivers are exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger vehicles.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ahern Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Class A Driver/Job type: Full-timeApply for this position