Class C Mechanic
Posted Date: 08-31-20Location: Carlsbad New Mexico - NMManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and efficient Class C Mechanic to join our dynamic team. Mechanics are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment works properly, is maintained and safe.
Incumbents are responsible for the performance of skilled mechanical tasks in the minor repair and maintenance of heavy machineries used in construction projects and other similar activities. They are trained to work safely and assure that they can protect themselves from injury. Supervision is exercised over equipment mechanics of lower classification.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Class C Mechanic:
- Must be able to read English.
- Must be able to safely operate various types of high reach equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts (we will train)
- Must be able to wear safety fall protection
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work basic computer functions.
- Must have basic hand tools
- Must have Steel Toe Work boots.
- Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean and organized work environment.
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving record is preferred.
Responsibilities for Class C Mechanic include but not limited to:
- Must accurately complete necessary inspections, PM services, minor repairs and adjustments as well as annual inspections.
- Complete tests of functions and safety devices.
- Use parts manuals to obtain parts and order parts.
- May be required to change out forks or attachments.
- May have to run pressure washers to clean equipment.
- May have to drive machines on public roadways.
- May have to run an occasional service call
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- The Class C forklift mechanic is responsible for properly and thoroughly inspecting and servicing units returned from rental. This includes: using computer for opening/closing work orders & Service maintenance forms.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position