Class B CDL Driver / Model 18
Posted Date: 09-02-21Location: Kansas City - KSManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and efficient CDL Class B Driver to join our dynamic team. CDL drivers are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment is delivered and picked up timely, efficiently, and safely.
The job of a Class B Driver consists of transporting our high reach and General rental equipment to our customers and other local locations. In performing this job, the Class "B" Driver will drive a Model 18 trailer truck and will usually also load and unload the trailer sometimes with or without assistance from other workers. The driver will make minor vehicle repairs (replacing light bulbs, fuses, etc.) and maintain good communications with their dispatcher/supervisor to ensure that the deliveries are made on time and that the vehicle is maintained in good working order. CDL drivers render pickup and delivery services of rented equipment. This is a non-exempt level position.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Class B Driver:
- Must be able to pass all qualifications as set forth in Department of Transportation regulations, along with Ahern Rentals regulations.
- Employees must be able to pass a criminal, drug and alcohol, education and work history background check and have a good DMV report
- Valid State issued Driver's License
- Map reading ability
- Read, write, and speak English
- 3 or less recorded moving violations or 1 accident and 1 moving violation within a 36 month period
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in driving a commercial vehicle
- Basic knowledge of rental equipment products
- Commitment to Company values
- Good communication skills
- Good sense of direction (N,W,E,S)
- Comprehension of customer orders
- Usage of 2-way radio
- Customer Service qualities
- Knowledge of Ahern Rentals' equipment products
- Compliance with Company's Policies and Procedures
- Computer knowledge
- Sales experience
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Responsibilities for Class B Driver include but are not limited to:
- Delivers and operates general rental equipment
- Drives single vehicles with a gross vehicle rates (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more.
- The operator may tow a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Reviews Vehicle Inspection Reports (VIR) and reports any safety issues to dispatch.
- Verifies order paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Loads, chains, and binds the equipment to the truck.
- Works with the Dispatcher to deliver equipment.
- Operates various types of equipment in the specified category and provides basic customer training upon delivery.
- Records and reports any customer or driver damage to the equipment and/or truck.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position