Posted Date: 10-04-21Location: La Mirada - CAManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a dependable and experienced Mechanic – All Classes to join our dynamic team. Mechanics are precious commodities to Ahern Rentals. There is a true expectation that all equipment works properly, is maintained and safe.
This is skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of automotive and heavy-duty equipment. Incumbents are responsible for the performance of the major repair of heavy automotive equipment and construction machinery. Supervision is exercised over equipment mechanics of lower classification. Heavy equipment mechanics repair and maintain heavy machinery used in construction projects and other similar activities.
They are highly trained to work safely and assure that they can protect themselves from injury.
Incentive Package includes:
· Competitive pay
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
· Supplemental Insurance Options Available
· Uniforms provided
Qualifications for Mechanic:
· Prior experience is preferred.
· Mechanics must have a thorough knowledge of power, electrical and hydraulic systems including theory. They need to be able to diagnose complex electrical, hydraulic & power system problems.
· Mechanics must be capable of a complete teardown, inspection, and repair of the machines.
· Must be able to read English.
· Must possess own tools.
· Must be able to safely operate various types of high reach equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts
· Must be able to wear safety fall protection
· Must be able to follow directions.
· Must be able to work basic computer functions.
· Must have a large assortment of hand & power tools.
· Must have Proper Workboots.
· Basic welding skills preferred.
· Must be able to read, understand Electrical Schematics & theory of how the systems work.
· Must be able to read, understand Hydraulic Schematics & theory of how the systems work.
· Must be very good at using test equipment, meters, gauges, hand-helds, laptops, etc.
· Must be able to properly use the parts manuals to look up and order the correct replacement parts.
· Must be able to workshop equipment such as cranes, port-o-powers, chain hoists, etc.
· Valid Driver's license and clean driving record is preferred.
· Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean, and organized work environment.
· Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!Apply for this position