Crane Field Technician
Posted Date: 10-12-20Location: Crane - NVManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a Crane Field Service Technician with a minimum of 5 years Crane Technician experience or equivalent.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Crane Field Technician:
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
- Certificate of technical training in job specific functions (i.e., engines, power train, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes, etc.)
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of repair experience with Cranes, Reach Forklifts or Telescoping Boom Lifts.
- Must meet personal tooling requirements.
- Must be able to travel by plane or drive.
- Shop and outside environment include exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 8 - 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 - 2 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 - 100 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
- Keen sense of safety
- 5 Years Crane Technician experience or equivalent.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Have B class driver’s licenses or be able to obtain within 3 Mo. of date of hire.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Strong Electrical and Hydraulic Diagnostic skills.
- Read and understand Electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Time management skills.
- Work independently with little to no supervision.
- People skills problem solving skills.
- Must be able to travel.
Responsibilities for Crane Field Technician include but not limited to:
- Must accurately complete necessary inspections, PM services, minor repairs and adjustments as well as annual inspections.
- Complete tests of functions and safety devices.
- Use parts manuals to obtain parts and order parts.
- May be required to change out attachments.
- May have to run pressure washers to clean equipment.
- May have to drive machines on public roadways.
- May have to run an occasional service call
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!Apply for this position