Posted Date: 10-16-20Location: Cedar City - UTManage Others: NoAvailability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a Branch Manager to lead our team by ensuring that Executive Management, Service, Parts, Sales, and other branch office staff have the tools and infrastructure to perform their job and that this infrastructure is kept in working order. This infrastructure includes, but is not limited to:
- Completion of daily tasks assigned to staff members
- Efficiency and expediency
- Follow through and follow-up
- Adequate staffing
- Controlling costs
- Review and analyze financial data
Branch operation managers are expected to have the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees. Most of all build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, make sound independent decisions, and demonstrate high integrity. Furthermore, maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet our core values.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Branch Manager:
- Good communication skills
- A working knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to work well with people is essential
- Proficient telephonic communications required
- Competent in assessing customer needs and identifying positive areas of branch improvement and success opportunities
- Ability to work independently with solid time-management and organization skills.
- Good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Responsibilities for Branch Manager:
Responsibilities encompasses participation in the personnel processes of the branch staff, including, but not limited to hiring, supervision and evaluation of staff performance and identification of training needs, monitoring assets, maintaining awareness of under-utilized equipment, adherence to and interpretation of Ahern’s policies and procedures for staff members, managing and supervising branch personnel, creating and proposing procedures to the Vice President of Operations and evaluating methods to improve work flow, and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment. This position requires the Manager to be primarily engaged in workflow supervision and methods, evaluation of branch operations procedures, and analysis to ensure appropriate overall operation.
Branch Operations Managers are to ensure
Managers are expected to develop mechanisms (within guidelines) for understanding and deploying Ahern’s practices to the benefit of the organization. Branch Operations Managers are expected but not limited to:
- Promptly respond to accidents/incidents and properly conduct preliminary fact-finding investigations.
- Comply with monthly location safety meetings and ensure branch activity is conducted safely.
- Assign primary duties and daily tasks to subordinates.
- Assists in the completion of staff duties (i.e., writing contracts, dispatching, work orders and inventory, etc.)
- Have knowledge of operational duties as it relates to the various disciplines.
- Work with Service Manager to troubleshoot service repair issues, down equipment, ready-line equipment.
- Perform daily yard and office inspections.
- Follow security procedures, daily, to ensure the safety of staff members and to safeguard the branch against burglaries and/or vandalism.
- Inspect daily dispatch activities and prepare and plan for the following business day tasks.
- In the event an office or parts staff member is not available, the tasks and/or deadlines are to be addressed by the Branch Operations Manager.
- Work with the service and sales managers to promote and profit from the repair of customer owned equipment.
- Attend and participate in monthly Operation meetings held by the Vice President of Operations.
- Conduct branch meetings; cover important problematic areas and identify areas to be improved.
- Schedule workers according to business demands and economic climates.
- Ensure facilities are clean and organized.
- Establish guidelines, performance expectations, and goals for staff members.
- Provide feedback and periodically evaluate employee performance.
- Provide advice and counseling and/or instruction to staff members. Consult with Human Resources prior to executing disciplinary measures.
- Train, evaluate, and follow-up with employees.
- Manage multiple employees that work outside of the traditional office (i.e., mechanics, drivers, and couriers).
- Cooperate and work harmoniously with all levels of Management.
- Complete administrative functions (i.e., financials, time approvals, contracts, compliance questionnaire, bank deposits, cash drawers, counseling notices, track staff members’ attendance, etc.). Maintain current and accurate records and ensure safe and compliant work practices.
- Actively manage work progress and staff.
- Incorporate effective communication strategies among Service, Sales, Parts and Transportation.
- To demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows you to give effective presentation.
- Have a complete understanding of pricing, proposal procedures, and execute accordingly.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale and/or rental resulting from acquired new business.
- Consults and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various resources Ahern Rentals offers
- Required to drive company vehicle at times
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!Apply for this position