Counter Person / Dispatcher
Posted Date: 06-02-22 Location: Fresno - CA Manage Others: No Availability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a Counter Person / Dispatcher to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be very personable
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Counter Person / Dispatcher:
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to handle changes and make quick sound decisions
- Prefer experience in the rental industry.
- Knowledge of rental equipment.
- Knowledge of DOT Laws and regulation.
- Computer Literacy, knowledge of word and excel.
- Excellent customer service. Able to communicate and interact in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- One year of experience in parts background suggested
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work basic computer functions.
- Must have knowledge of AS 400 system
- Strong understanding of parts required.
- Must be able to maintain a safe, reasonably clean and organized work environment.
- Good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
This position is responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with drivers, shipping, receiving and delivery truck services. Under direction, assists with the scheduling and routing of equipment deliveries; receives logs and timely dispatches equipment and drivers for jobsite deliveries/pick ups. Some Counter Person responsibilities expected. This is a non-exempt level position.
Duties and Responsibilities for Counter Person / Dispatcher include but are not limited to:
- Dispatch drivers throughout local City areas
- Work closely with sales staff in scheduling deliveries and pick-ups of equipment
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide excellent customer support
- Work with service department to keep trucks maintained
- Assign drivers deliveries according to delivery time.
- Dispatch oversized loads to out hauling companies.
- Communicate with customers/salesmen if delivery will be late or specific drop off instructions.
- Communicate with stores about equipment in dispatch, but not assigned unit numbers, trying to be proactive on deliveries.
- Communicate with stores for instructions when equipment to be delivered has problems.
- Assign field service technicians to field repairs according to urgency and communicate with customers on what time the tech will arrive.
- Assign drivers pick up’s according to need of more deliveries/location/age of off rent /need of equipment type
- Communicate with customers on location of off-rented equipment.
- Maintain accurate record of driver logs
- Maintain accurate record of driver DVIR / making sure trucks are safe and maintained / repaired when needed
- Communicate with repair shops on repairs. Send in estimates for approval / request P.O. from owning store/issue P.O. to repair shop.
- Make sure all trucks remain legal/State inspection/DOT ready
- Make sure all drivers take at least a 30-minute lunch per 8-hour shift.
- Help transfer equipment between cities and communicate with other dispatch managers
- Keep drivers operational radio’s
- Assign on call for drivers and field service techs. Reassign when schedules change.
- Keep up with vacation requests/plan accordingly
- Manage overtime/Maintain 72 hr. pick up’s or less
- Assist our valued customers and outside sales representatives.
- Process cash, check, and credit card transactions
- Verification of identity of check and credit card customers
- Accurately open/close rental contracts
- Maintain logs of available and down equipment
- Credit Memos/Discounts
- Maintain call in phone logs and lost and/or stolen rental logs
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery of equipment
- Rates and all ancillary charges
- Filing, data entry, and retrieval of documents
- Work effectively with Sales department
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- Oversees parts department personnel.
- Complies with and enforces all shop safety rules
- Follows proper accident procedures
- Under general direction, provides highly responsible technical and administrative work in ensuring compliance with Ahern Rentals company policies.
- Resolves parts issues and conducts part transfers
- Maintain and manage a local on-hand inventory of equipment replacement parts and consumables, i.e. oils and lubricants, office supplies, etc.
- Provide excellent parts support to service technicians and branch personnel as required, your primary customers.
- Place requisitions as needed to ensure a timely supply of replacement components, inventory products, and office supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with Branch Managers to receive, approve, and process requests for purchases.
- Track actual delivery dates to measure warehouse and vendor performance.
- Track component development status for new products and products under revision and make such status available to Service and Operations managers in a clear and complete manner.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement changes relating to inventory management to provide for ongoing timely deliveries and lower component costs and related expenses.
- Ensure Branch compliance with all purchasing and inventory management policies and procedures.
- Receive orders and review for proper work order information including general ledger codes and approval signatures
- Stock delivered items and check shelves for appropriate inventory levels
- Check stock for outdated or damaged supplies
- Assign parts as requested by shop personnel
- Required to drive company vehicle at times
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Apply for this position