Wash Rack Yard Person
Posted Date: 10-20-22 Location: Lubbock - TX Manage Others: No Availability: Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employerApply for this position
Wash Rack/ Yard
In this ever-growing industry, we strive to find qualified individuals to join our Ahern team and to continue the Ahern Family traditions as we strive for success in new, innovative ways.
Ahern Rentals Trench Safety is currently seeking some help in our offsite Wash Rack/ Yard Person as we grow this new division! This is a great chance to start on the ground floor at a new and innovative Trench Safety company! We commonly promote from within the company, and this is a great place to start!
The Wash Rack / Yard Person position requires being able to operate all kinds of equipment and utilizing it to keep the yard clean and organized while keeping its equipment clean through regular washing. A Wash Rack/Yard Person will be required to work outside exposing them to various types of weather. The right candidate will have good people skills, be able to deliver messages and keep files on fuel logs. They will also report any damage to equipment found during check-ins to the supervisor. A Wash Rack/Yard person will work with counter personnel on assisting customers with any questions or information needed. This is a non-exempt-level position.
Incentive Package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Qualifications for Wash Rack / Yard Person:
- Must have good public relations skills to assist Customers
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Must be able to read/write English fluently.
- Must be able to safely operate various types of high-reach equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts
- Must be able to wear safety fall protection
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days) IF required to drive.
Responsibilities for Wash Rack / Yard Person include but not limited to:
- Assists with loading and unloading equipment for outside haulers
- Organize equipment in the yard
- Wash incoming equipment & function test equipment
- Advises customers on proper equipment handling techniques
- Fuels and meters equipment upon check-in
- Stages equipment for deliveries
- Ensures yard is neat and efficient and picks up shop waste
- Must be able to proficiently operate all equipment
- Ensures that all rental equipment is properly tagged and has the required key
- Handles yard check-ins and check-outs
- Will be responsible for utilizing a pressure washer to clean general rental equipment from large tractors to small tools.
- Organize the workflow and rotates the machines accordingly
- Ensures the wash rack area is clean and tidy
- Occasionally assists customers with loading and unloading equipment
- May be required to drive company vehicle on occasion
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to come to work on time and have reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a drug test
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Job Type – Full-Time
Ahern Rentals Inc is an equal opportunity employerApply for this position